Sunday, April 1, 2007

Photo Elements: The Foley Gallery

As I said before the orange tint that this picture has, gives it the feeling of an old picture. Along with the people and clothing in the picture I think it gives the viewer a sense of time period, maybe sometime in the 1800s(see picture). You can’t really see any of the background because there are people taking up pretty much the entire picture, so I don’t really know where it is taking place. There is not a lot of contrast in the picture, everything is pretty much the same color, and there isn’t anything that really pops out at you when you first see it. The art piece is actually a collage, which I think says a lot in itself. It’s a collection of separate pictures made into one, it’s like a jumble of unrelated people and things all thrown together, and the confusion that ensues. The individual people are quite small, and it is hard to see specific features or emotions on any of their faces. I think this is arguing that the individual often becomes lost in the group. Also, I see no repetition in any of the characters, which could be an argument for the uniqueness of an individual. There are also the unexpected things in the picture, like the occasional animal or the skeleton in the center of the collage. I would have to guess the message behind this is there are always unexpected circumstances that occur.

No comments: